Asics Women's Gel Kayano 27 Tokyo
Regular Price $159.95 Special Price $98.95 Regular Price $159.95 Select Colors $98.95
The GELKAYANO 27 running shoe is all about stability. This season we set out to make this update softer and smoother. To improve the ride, we softened the midsole foams and made the forefoot lex grooves slightly deeper, resulting in an easier toe-o. The heel design has been updated to isolate impact better and create a softer feel at footstrike. The shoe also features SPACE TRUSSTIC technology. This piece provides midfoot stability, but in this particular design, there is more "space" in between the midsole and the TRUSSTIC technology. As the sole compresses, it comes into contact with this piece, which helps support the foot while setting it up for an eicient toe-o. The result of all of these improvements is our smoothest riding GELKAYANO model to date.
Enjoy excellent comfort and advanced support with the GEL-KAYANO™ 27 running shoe. The redesigned mesh upper helps keep feet cool, while the sole is more flexible to help promote a more natural roll through the gait cycle. This process starts in the heel with added flex grooves that isolate the initial impact to force a softer and smoother feeling at footstrike. At midstance, the foot should stop pronating and re-supinate for an efficient toe-off. This shoe also incorporates DYNAMIC DUOMAX™ technology to help support the foot and increase stability for runners whose feet roll inward too much (overpronate). The midsole integrates SPACE TRUSSTIC™ technology, which provides stability and reduces the overall weight to help promote a smoother transition from footstrike to toe-off. This added stability is complemented by deeper forefoot flex grooves that create a smoother roll through toe-off, allowing the shoe to move more naturally with the foot. Lastly, a large section of reflective materials in the rearfoot helps keep runners visible when running in low-light conditions. The GEL-KAYANO™ 27 model is an excellent choice for both competitive and non-competitive runners looking for an everyday trainer that combines comfort with support.
- ENGINEERED JACQUARD MESH UPPER: The multi-directional stretch mesh upper offers a blend of support and more space between the fibers to reduce weight and improve breathability.
- EXTERNAL TPU HEEL COUNTER: This rearfoot plastic support structure locks the heel in place.
- DYNAMIC DUOMAX™ SUPPORT SYSTEM: Firmer foam along the inside of the shoe helps support the foot and set it up for an efficient toe-off. A soft layer of foam has been positioned to improve comfort and create smoother transitions.
- FOREFOOT GEL™ TECHNOLOGY: This softer material in the forefoot works with GUIDANCE LINE™ midsole technology to re-position the foot for a more natural stride.
- FLYTEFOAM™ TECHNOLOGY: One of the lightest ASICS cushioning materials, this compound is almost half the weight of standard midsole foams and provides about 20% more shock absorption.
- FLYTEFOAM™ PROPEL: This energetic midsole foam is soft and bouncy to provide a more cushioned underfoot feel. To offer men and women the same cushioning, the women’s model is slightly softer because women traditionally do not have the same body weight as men.
- I.G.S™ (IMPACT GUIDANCE SYSTEM): This design philosophy links components such as GEL™ technology cushioning, GUIDANCE LINE™, and TRUSSTIC™ technology together to improve the foot’s natural gait from footstrike to toe-off.
- PLUS 3™ MIDSOLE TECHNOLOGY: The women’s model features 3mm of additional height in the heel for gender-specific support.
- REARFOOT GEL™ TECHNOLOGY: Rearfoot GEL™ technology cushioning is found under the heel to reduce shock when the foot contacts the ground.
- SPACE TRUSSTIC SYSTEM™: The SPACE TRUSSTIC™ arch support piece is designed to reduce twisting and help the foot make smoother transitions. For women, this piece offers added support during forward motions. For men, this piece provides added support toward the inside of the arch.
- GUIDANCE LINE™ MIDSOLE TECHNOLOGY: Following the natural progression of the foot from impact to toe-off, this technology moves the foot forward naturally to encourage a more consistent running stride.
- AHAR™ SPONGE RUBBER: This outsole rubber reduces wear and offers a cushioned feel.
- AHARPLUS™ HEEL-PLUG: This higher-abrasion rubber is used in areas of heavy wear to extend the life of the shoe.
- Drop: 13mm
- Weight: 8.6oz/245g
Write Your Own Review