Asics Gel-Kayano 27 Platinum
Asics Gel-Kayano 27 Platinum
Price reduced from $169.95 to $79.95
Product DescriptionEnjoy excellent comfort and advanced support with the GEL-KAYANO® 27 PLATINUM running shoe. The updates for this franchise focus on creating a softer and smoother riding design with a more efficient toe-off. Part of our PLATINUM collection, this shoe is also accented with polished components throughout the design. The redesigned mesh upper helps keep feet cool, reduces the shoe's weight, and improves support. Additionally, the external TPU heel counter helps the foot stay more secure while creating a more comfortable foothold. At midstance, the foot should stop pronating and re-supinate for an efficient toe-off. To help this natural motion, we incorporate DYNAMIC DUOMAX® technology to help support the foot and increase stability for runners whose feet roll inward too much (overpronate). The midsole is also layered with a combination of our FLYTEFOAM® Propel material and GEL® technology cushioning to equip runners with a softer landing and an energized bounce. SPACE TRUSSTIC™ technology is placed under the shoe's arch, which provides stability and reduces the overall weight to promote a smoother transition from foot strike to toe-off. Added stability is complemented by deeper forefoot flex grooves that help isolate the initial impact to force a softer feeling at footstrike. Followed by a smoother roll through toe-off, these grooves also allow the shoe to move more naturally with the foot. Lastly, a large section of reflective materials in the rearfoot help keep runners visible when running in low-light conditions. The GEL-KAYANO® 27 PLATINUM model is an excellent choice for both competitive and non-competitive runners looking for an everyday trainer that combines comfort with support.
- Engineered mesh upper improves breathability
- Dynamic DuoMax™ Support System: This evolution of DuoMax® system enhances stability and support, with reduced weight and increased platform support.
- SPACE TRUSSTIC™ Technology: Reduces the weight of the sole unit while providing stability and retaining the structural integrity of the shoe.
- Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL® Technology Cushioning System: Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
- FLYTEFOAM® Propel Technology: ASICS energetic foam formulation that provides supreme bounce thanks to a unique elastomer compound.
- FLYTEFOAM® Technology: Provides lightweight cushioning
- Guidance Line® Midsole Technology: Vertical flex groove decouples the tooling along the line of progression for enhanced gait efficiency.
- Ortholite® Lasting: This lasting material features plush underfoot comfort while providing excellent moisture management and a high level of breathability (Ortholite is a registered trademark of ATP Manufacturing LLC.)
- AHAR® Plus Outsole: Strategically positioned in critical areas of the outsole, this exceptionally durable compound is 50% more durable than standard ASICS High Abrasion Rubber.
- I.G.S® (Impact Guidance System) Technology: ASICS design philosophy that employs linked componentry to enhance the foot's natural gait from heel strike to toe-off.
- Weight: 11.1oz
- Heel-Toe Drop: 10mm